Monday, April 4, 2011

The Building Has Begun!



Yes, I am 47 years old, embarking on a new challenge of competing for the first time in a figure competition on November 19, 2011!  I'm ready and excited! This has been a dream of mine for a long time and now everything has come together for me to finally be able to work toward it.  I plan to catch all of my readers up on my progress pictures and my story about how I got to this place so please stay tuned!


Today marks the beginning of Week 3 of the building phase in my training for competition. It's time to keep some running blogs about my progress like so many of my lovely, beautiful, predecessors and friends who have gone before me have done. I want to remember how I looked, how I ate and how I felt throughout. And most importantly, I want to challenge and encourage you to know that you too can transform your body to total fitness!


This is what I call my "honeymoon" phase - I get to eat more calories to build more muscle. I love how what I eat shows up on the outside so that keeps me from the cheat and keeps me motivated. I'm learning so much. Last week I began doing a leg workout twice a week. I've hit two personal records two weeks in a row - last week I did 185lb. squats and this morning I hit 210lbs. with leg presses. My backside is shaping up, still remains stubborn, but progress is being made. It feels tighter, higher and stronger. I love how I feel. I feel strong.


Sleeping...oh....when I hit the bed, I just sink into it and go, "Ahhhhhh!" I go to bed no later than 9 p.m. during the week, take a nap at lunchtime and take two naps on Saturday. That's because I train DIRTY or in other words HARD during the week! Monday through Friday I'm in the gym lifting heavy! Saturday and Sundays are off days for me and I need them! Sleep is so important in growing muscle so I go to sleep with a smile on my face knowing my muscle is growing while I slumber.


This week I'll be in the gym twice three times a week so I can get sufficient cardio done. 30 minutes each session, with the first 15 mins. high intensity.


I'm not here to get cozy, I'm here to get CRAAAAAAZY!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Loved reading this #5! Go Girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying to comment here yesterday, but didn't have success, so I figured I would try again today.
    Good luck, and I am really looking forward to reading about your journey, as this is a journey that I am VERY seriously considering for sometime after my wedding this summer.

    ReplyDelete