Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Dressing Room


Yes, you can come in! It's nice in here! In fact, it feels great in here and I'm enjoying it! This is where I am now putting on sizes that I use to wear. This is where I celebrate the fact that I've gone down four pants sizes since January 1, 2011! I'm walking proud and tall over that accomplishment! My nutrition and exercise both played a major part in my success. Gone is the scale and gone is the need to fit into a particular size. What matters is how I look and how I feel. I'm very happy with how I look now, but to compete, I must keep working to build more muscle and eat to adequately feed that muscle. I'm 5'4" and last time I weighed myself I was 134.5 lbs. and I'm wearing a size 4 pant. That's a testimony to the benefits of weight training and clean eating. Muscle weighs more than fat and takes up less room!

Every morning I'm up at 4:30 a.m. to pack up my food for the day, pack my work clothes and head to the bus stop to catch the bus to my gym downtown. I arrive at 6 a.m. and work out for an hour or a little more and then I get to work by 8 a.m. My training now requires a full hour for strength training and then I still need to fit cardio in three times a week so I'm at the gym two times a day on Monday, Wednesday and Friday-in the morning for strength training and in the evening for cardio. You may wonder why I get up so early! Nothing else in my schedule demands those early morning hours and I'm an early bird so it works out great! I'm not particularly fond of evening workouts, but if it's what I need to do to be a competitor, I'll do it!  It doesn't feel like a sacrifice because I'm fulfilling a dream and loving every minute of it.

Eating whole and healthy and physically challenging my body has many rewards. I've been blessed as I take care of the temple that I was given. I want you to experience the same so come along with me and I promise you, you will also be blessed beyond your wildest dreams!

Walking tall, proud and smiling all the way!

4 comments:

  1. Love the blog and am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go girl!!! Thanks for giving me a peek behind the curtain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy I get to follow you along this journey! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I am so proud to call you my friend! God bless you on your journey, Rebekah!

    ReplyDelete