Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Where I Came From and Where I'm Going!


 January 1, 2011

April 4, 2011



Change is possible! Transformation of body, mind and spirit is possible!

I started the year at the highest number on the scale I had ever seen. I'd been successful before in weight-loss and building muscle so I knew that I could do something about it again; however, I didn't want to do it the same way as I'd done before. Previous nutrition plans left me starved nutritionally and unhappy inside, not to mention, looking "gray" and "gaunt" as my close friends told me.  Last year some life issues really brought me down and I  gave up on my fitness. I turned to food for comfort, stuffing myself until I hurt with nothing but chips, candy, and McDonald's fries and other high calorie greasy foods with empty calories. Those foods were not contributing to my well-being, but causing me to sink deeper into a pit of despair! On January 1 I decided that enough was enough and that I was going to regain control of my life.  Wasting no more time I contacted Ruben Sandoval with Fit To Be In Your Kitchen for help in getting my nutrition back on track in the hopes that I would regain my health and vitality.  I had known Ruben for quite some time and saw the remarkable results his clients achieved on his whole, healthy meal plans. After just a couple weeks, I was delighted to realize that I was shedding the fat without starving, felt good inside, didn't feel deprived, could make healthy food tasty to satisfy my palate and that I could maintain this way of eating for the rest of my life! I quickly realized that I would be able to achieve another dream of mine - to compete in a figure competition. His plan has helped me to regain my confidence and to believe that I can shoot for the stars. It has been a wonderful experience which I'll be sharing with you more as time goes on. The benefits of eating whole, nutritious foods continue to show themselves in wonderful ways.

Clean living, setting goals, taking steps of faith - what a great path! I'm determined to stay on it! Come along with me, I'd love to have you join me!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome girl!! You make me proud as a coach and a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous new you! It was there all the time and just needed to be coached out! You picked a winner because you are a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! Can't wait to see your figure competition in it's fullest! Wishing you all the luck!

    ReplyDelete