Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Body-The Machine!

This is my fitness journey, this is about what it happening to me, an expert I am not, but I can tell you what is working for me and what is aiding in my success in my quest for the competitor's physique. I love the gym, I love the iron. Today I lifted heavier than I did last week and this is why - I reviewed my workout, studied it, watched videos on how to perform the moves better, got to the gym, focused on what I was there to do, took my iPod out of my ears, set my mind on the muscle being worked and told myself that "I CAN DO IT!" My spotter friend was not in the gym this morning and last week I needed a spotter for my close grip bench presses. I asked myself, "What am I going to do?" I WANT to lift to failure, I NEED to lift to failure so I sat on the bench and spoke to my triceps - not out loud, but in my head and said, "Triceps, you are going to finish all the reps, you are strong, you can do it!"  I got it done and that only made me stronger to finish the rest of my workout. That takes me to another point. When I push myself in the gym, go harder, heavier than ever before, that fuels the rest of my workouts - my body - each part works together and when one part is strong, it makes the other part strong. My leg workouts since the beginning of the year have been nothing short of pure torture, but that's good! I love it! I need it! Strong workouts fuel other strong workouts and make my body as a whole STRONGER!

So, why do I have a picture of my abs in my blog?? I did abs and triceps today and I did abs stronger and better than last week. Each week my body surprises me with its strength and I celebrate it, look at it and yes, take pictures. Hanging straight-leg raises with a 5lb. plate between my knees was on order for today and I did more than what was prescribed - that's the way I build it - with one more rep or one more set! I know what my body can do and I like to challenge it!

This writing is from the fire burning inside this morning, inspired by a passion. One day I'll show you my triceps because they worked hard for me today and gave me more - that's the way I do it!

Thank you, friends, for your support. Now go get what you want!

4 comments:

  1. I love it, I want it, keep me inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous reading this right now about being able to push hard, but I am so excited for you! ...and total inspired! Thank you so much for sharing! oh! and I would love to see a pic of your tri's!!

    ReplyDelete